- I am not planning to participate in in-person events in the near future. However, both my web store and Etsy shop are open.
- I will have three quilts showing at the Pacific International Quilt Festival at the Santa Clara Convention Center between October 12-15, 2023:
Hateism II will be a part of the Perseverance exhibition.
The Shop will be showing with New Quilts of Northern California.
Interdependent will be showing at the SAQA booth.
- My quilts Fruchter’s Tools 3, Fruchter’s Tools 4, and A Tinsmith from Galicia will be a part of Olive Hyde’s Gallery’s 53rd Annual Textile Exhibition.
Virtual Exhibit: Thursday, August 10 – Saturday, October 7, 2023
In-Person/Gallery Exhibition Dates: Thursday, August 17 – Saturday, October 7, 2023
Opening Reception: Friday, August 25, 2023 (7-9 pm)
- 145 Jaffa Street is showing as part of Printed & Stitched, an exhibition organized by the California Society of Printmakers and Studio Art Quilt Associates. The exhibition will run from 2023-2027.
Grace Hudson Museum in Ukiah, CA: Fall 2023-early 2024.
Art Ark Gallery, San Jose, CA (and other venues thereafter), May 2023-July 2027.
- Finding Equanimity was juried into the Pacific International Quilt Festival, October 13-16 2022.
- Blue Planet Blueswas juried into SOFA Chicago 2022 (SAQA Special Exhibition), which was originally meant to be shown at Chicago’s Navy Pier from Nov 03 to Nov 06, 2022. Unfortunately, this event was canceled by the organizers, so the exhibition became an online exhibition instead.
- Five of my quilts, 2020, Tread Carefully, Hateism, Disillusio
ns, and Berry Twilight, were juried into Olive Hyde Art Gallery’s 52nd Annual Textile Exhibit (July 14-September 17, 2022). You can see the virtual exhibit here.
- My quilt Loss was on display at For the Sake of Keeping exhibition at the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art (June 3-August 1, 2022).
- My quilt Finding Equanimity was accepted into Sacred Threads, which showed in Floris United Methodist Church in Herndon, VA outside Washington, DC USA, (July 14-24, 2022).
- I contributed a panel, Covid Cocoon, to the Covid Chronicle, a historic collaborative textile art project. The project is now touring in England. For their schedule check out their website, and follow them on Instagram.
This is the display in the Chippenham Museum, April 9 – May 7 2022.
- My artwork Ashes was juried into the RePurposeful exhibition held at the Randall Museum in San Francisco (October-December, 2021). It sold on opening night.
- Both my quilt Behold the Future and my kantha-inspired spring jacket were juried into the Pacific International Quilt Festival (October 2021).
Publications, Mentions and Talks
- I am featured in the journal All She Makes, Vol. 7, Summer 2023, pp. 76-77. You can get a digital issue here.
- May 2023: My quilt Chasm was published in SAQA Journal, Vol. 33, No. 2, 2023, p.18.
- In April 2023 I gave a Lightning Talk titled “Processing Emotions Through Textiles” at the annual conference of Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA). The talk is a quick overview of The State of Human series. You can see the talk here.
- May 2022: My article, “Made Aware,” was published in Surface Design Journal, Volume 46 / Number 1, Spring 2022, pp. 50-53.
- December 2021: Tread Carefully illustrated an article in Sundial Journal, Edition III.
- May 2021: A feature about me and my work appeared in Made in Bed, an online magazine run by students of the Sotheby’s Institute of Art, London.
- December 2020: I was honored to be included in Recycling in Textile Art by Heidi Ingram on TextileArtist.org.
- December 2017: One of my artsy crossbody bags was featured in the British magazine No Serial Number, p. 74.